LSP 2017 Workshop: How to Achieve Innovative, Inclusive and Fit-for-Market Specialised Translator Training?
During the Language for Specific Purposes 2017 conference, eTransFair will hold a workshop (W6) on 28 June 2017.
This interactive workshop has the format of a world café. It addresses specialised translator training and the preparation of prospective specialised translators for the requirements of the market.
As language for specific purposes plays a central role in specialised translator training this workshop comprises the following topics:
- What skills should specialised translators have?
- What should a transferable training scheme include?
- What should the training material look like?
- What are innovative modes of assessment?
- How can information and communication technology reshape education and training?
- What should a virtual collaborative space to exchange ICT-based resources look like?
- What should a centre or network for ICT-based training in specialised translation look like?
This workshop puts special emphasis on the inclusion of disadvantaged groups.
Further information is also available on the LSP 2017 conference page: https://www.nhh.no/en/calendar/professional-and-intercultural-communication/2017/21st-conference-on-language-for-specific-purposes/workshops/
Last modified 21 June 2017, 9:31